Anyone welcomed

for fun, entertainment and chatting

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Bokke

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saskia
Admin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Bokke   Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:06 am

Hello ,

Ok so I watched the rugby world cup, there was so much hype about it i just had to see what the big deal was. Was a good match I suppose, but Habanna was nowhere to be seen. Let me know what you think?
cheers cheers cheers

View user profile http://chit-chat.thespot.com
Alfalfa
Admin

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Bokke   Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:51 am

for south african supporters,it was a huge result. It was not the occation for Habanna because both teams were concentrating on their defenses. Typical rugby finals are usually played this way. Nobody wants to make the mistake that will cost their team the title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ibn Achmat

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Bokke   Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:40 am

The Bokke played a good game and their victory needs to be celebrated. However, we need to question whether they represent South Africa or not. It is exteremly difficult for me to accept that 13% of the country's population are genetically gifted due to some 'special' inheretance.

If one looks at the American team and the Zimbabwean revelation that even placed habana in the shadows, we need to question the absence of Africans in the current set up.

Be that as it may; the victory will be exploited for political as well as economic expediency. The victory of the Bokke will be used to replace the concerns of continued marginalisation of teh majority. It will be named meritocracy.

And so we wish the Bokke well.

Ibn Achmat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alfalfa
Admin

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Bokke   Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:07 pm

This is my problem with supporting the springboks. There was so much publicity around it. I mean, all the newspapers, people painting their faces in office buildings. People wearing their Springbok T-shirts, huge support for their 'country'. Will the same kind of support be given to their 'country' in the African Cup of Nations and other tournaments that the National Soccer team are involved in? If not, whats the link between patriatism and sport?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saskia
Admin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Bokke   Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 pm

There would be loads of publicity when a something major happens to our country, cos not much of it happens to us anyway and nevermind that it doesnt affect us personally, so when it does happen, we celebrate. Shame man, bigup to our bokke Smile

View user profile http://chit-chat.thespot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bokke   

Back to top Go down

Bokke
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Anyone welcomed :: Chat with me :: Everyday Chat-
Jump to: